The Darkest of the Hillside Thickets
The Darkest of the Hillside Thickets are a rock band that are dedicated to worshiping HP Lovecraft's creations. They have a reputation for entrancing and inciting their live audiences with their melodic blend of energetic punk and rock, while wearing graphic costumes (think thrift shop GWAR but in a good way)that help bring their good-naturedly macabre songs to life. Song titles include 'Shoggoths Away', 'Going Down to Dunwich' and 'The Innsmouth Look''.
The H.P. Lovecraft Literary Podcast
Amazing weekly episode podcast hosed by Chris Lackey and Chad Fifer. Each episode they discuss a specific H.P. Lovecraft story – what it's about, how it reads, why it may have been written and what other works of art it's influenced. They regularly have talented guest readers (Robert M Price has been on it and director Andrew Leman) as well as contributing composers for their music sections. Their site also boasts a forum plus a shop for their eldritch gear.
Excellent forum that covers mostly the RPG but also has excellent sub-forums for the films and books.
The HP Lovecraft Historical Society
The pulse of all thing Lovecraftian in these modern times. They produce and create more eldritch stuff than you can shake an Elder Sign at...
The H.P. Lovecraft Archive
Once a great resource for all things Lovecraft though not updated too much these days - it still has useful sections on:
- His Life - information on Lovecraft’s life, family, correspondents, and interests.
- His Writings - Examines his wide variety of works, including his fiction and letters, and includes many electronic texts.
- His Creations - outlines his fictional elements including Lovecraftian locations in New England, a bestiary, and a list of grimoires.
- His Study - Information on biographies, literary criticism, bibliographies, periodicals, and online articles;
- Popular Culture - Details the movies, games, music, and art based on Lovecraft’s works, as well as the “Cthulhu Mythos”;
- Net Resources - Gives information on other Lovecraft-related sites, newsgroups, and FTP sites.